96 Zaskar LE - my first proper build - FINISHED pg2!!!!!!!

Bit of progress on the build last night.

Managed to knock out the old headset cups successfully and cleaned up the inside of the headtube.

New blue Chris King arrived this morning!

king1.jpg

king2.jpg

I know it's not period correct, but I'm more than happy to use and I'm sure it's gonna luck the nuts

Am taking it to the LBS to get fitted on Saturday. I've not got the correct tools and considering the value of both headset and frame to me, I'd rather let a pro have a go at it.

Been cleaning up the Judy SLs, which I'm really pleased with.

JudySL.jpg

I have however decided to treat them to a fresh set of decals, so the Gil The Decal Man is on the case and they should be here start of next weekish.

Still waiting on delivery of XTR M952 front mech from eBay. Still saying not shipped and the seller hasn't responded to my question about when he's going to ship it so we'll have to wait and see on that one. Also secured some decent looking silver X Lite stubbies which should be on their way soon too.

After that, I'll pretty much have everything I need. Would love to track down either a KORE Elite seat post, or a blue USE one, but had no luck yet (also considering Syncros)

Monday morning update! Some good progress but also ran into the first small problem

Took the frame and forks to the LBS to have the headset pressed. Safe to say the guys there were pleased to see it, some nice comments from the guys!

Headset fit went great, but unfortunately due to the height of the King headset, I'm not going to be able to use the oversized KORE Elite stem I have. Bit gutted about that, but the 2" stack height was just too big, with the second bolt sitting about 7mm above the top of the steerer.

I've managed to track down a Syncros Cattleprod though, which should be arriving this week.

Decal arrived for the frame and fork. So Saturday afternoon was spent applying them. I must say, that's a nervous little job, isn't it??!!

Couple of pics to track the weekends progress:

Headtube.JPG

InnerFrame.JPG

FullFrame.JPG

Really pleased with the way the Judys are looking. The pictures probably don't do the transformation justice.

JudyNewDecal.JPG

New parts arriving this week are
NOS X Lite Blue Seat Clamp
Syncros Cattleprod Stem in alu finish
Syncros Seat Post in Black

After that, I should, again, have pretty much everything! I've said that before. Still hoping to get this finished by next weekend.

Thanks for all the comments, please keep them coming, good or bad I'd love to hear your opinions.

Now we're cooking!

Stem arrived yesterday, so I was finally able to get the rest of the bike built! So pleased it's on wheels at last.

Turns out the Syncros stem I bought on eBay didn't have the top cap, making it virtually useless, so instead I've ended up with a NOS Fred Salmon CNCd stem. It's a heavy old chunk of metal I can tell you! But I'll forgive it the weight because I really like the way it's looking on the bike.

Few rubbish pictures of bike 95% done. Still waiting on a seat post and seat collar to finish.

AlmostDone1.jpg

AlmostDone2.jpg

AlmostDone3.jpg

AlmostDone4.jpg

AlmostDone5.jpg

The pictures really don't do it justice, I'm really pleased with the ways it's looking.

Only had chance for a quick spin round the block last night before the heavens opened. Hoping to get out and about for a full shake down tonight with the possibility of an hour or two at Delamere Forest at the weekend

Apologies for the crap pictures, hopefully I can get something a bit better when the build is 100% complete, which I know wont be till after the weekend.

Let me know you thoughts, good or bad!

IC

You've done a great job there! I was thinking of another build and this sure has inspired me!
Will be nice to see some pics 100% complete, then enjoy riding it! :D

Back