1990 Marin Team

It's amazing isn't it,there were loads of the bloody things in 1990-91 on the race circuit now there's none.

Have they all broke :LOL:

brocklanders023":2j2apwt3 said:
From memory you could spec different length stems with the Marins back then. A few years back a chap on ebay had a whole load of NOS stems available in different lengths. I'll dig the two stems I've got out tomorrow and post them up. I'll need one for my Eldridge project but you can have the other if it's any good. :D

That would be great, thankyou.

Went to the bike jumble today and thought I'd got lucky but then found out the the 1990 Palisades Trail is 1" :(

Bump...

I know you've got a lot on Adrian but am having a Marin love-in today and wondered if these beauties had progressed? Must get on with the Eldridge.

brocklanders023":agoy2sh3 said:
Bump...

I know you've got a lot on Adrian but am having a Marin love-in today and wondered if these beauties had progressed? Must get on with the Eldridge.

Slowly - the forks/stem/bars are getting a new coat of pink. Once I get them back I'll assembly the larger one and decide which size to keep ;)

Need to get on with ordering some decals from Gil.....

nevadasmith":3thsfymi said:
Going to concentrate on 19" for now and keep the 17.5" as a spare or in case the 19" is too big (anyone got any tips for removing rattle can and keeping zolatone?)

Some of it will be removed by the caustic soda you use to get rid of that seat post ;)

nevadasmith":328vz46j said:
brocklanders023":328vz46j said:
Bump...

Slowly - the forks/stem/bars are getting a new coat of pink. Once I get them back I'll assembly the larger one and decide which size to keep ;)

Need to get on with ordering some decals from Gil.....

Sounds like they're coming on :cool: I really don't know how you find the time to sort so many great bikes!

Takes you back a bit! A mate had a Team. It may have been a yaer or two later though. It had a shiny finish to it and the best "ping" if you tapped it with a finger nail. It had first generation XTR as well.

It is going to be good watching yours come back to life.

This is inspiring me to crack on with my 1990 eldridge. But I desperately need original forks, stem & bars. ;)

going to keep tabs on this build!

This is inspiring me to crack on with my 1990 eldridge. But I desperately need original forks, stem & bars. ;)

going to keep tabs on this build!

Back