It's a Haro, and I don't think it's retro...

SIMONFREESE

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know nothing about BMX. I had a Raleigh Burner as a kid, which seem to recall was fantastic, and probably bought me more fun than any bike I have owned since.

Anyway, I have just got this to do up:

haro1.jpg

haro2.jpg

haro3.jpg

I know nothing about it, except that Haro are reasonable quality, and that this BMX is not exactly retro. I was hoping that some of you may be able to offer some advice on what it is I have. It looks like it could be an interesting project for me, as I will have to learn about a whole new bicycle area that I know nothing about. I spoke to a couple of freinds who are ex BMX, and they tell me the trend was to take your front brake off, which explains why it is missing!

Jobs to do:

Sort out the rear hub, lots of sideways movement...

Get the brake working, not sure whether to get another front or not.

Sort out the rusty bits, a lot of the black parts need touching in / respraying. I like the frame colour, so that's staying, and would like to keep as original as possible.

Feel free to tell me if this bike isn't up to much, I thought it would be an interesting project, for those of you more versed in the ways of BMX may have the opposite view!

So any comments / advice is actively encouraged and greatly appreciated, in short, what would you do with this bike?

Go the rear hub sorted last night, the usual thing, axle bolts were loose as the hub has become gritty.

So now it's on to the cleaning up!

ok, so I have now found out that his is an F4, probably about 5 years old, nothing special then, nothing special now!

I will continue to sort it out regardless, as I am interested to see what it rides like when it's all done. Messing around with bikes is always a pleasure!

Thanks, love the photo!

I have cleaned most of the parts up now, just need an upper giro cable set and some grips...

Back