Victoria Pendleton - On BBC1 tonight :-)

yeah she doesnt seem very confident or geared up for anything with all the tears :? hope she gets focused.

I must've been watching something else..

I got the impression she was suffering from a lack of confidence, then hit the ideal team, and won everything.

now that ideal team is back together, her confidence seemed sky high..

great pic too ^

I thought it was very inspiring and human. she's gone up many notches in my estimation after that & the missus really warmed to her too

I got the impression that she was en excellent athlete with excellent support from a a fantastic team of trainers, but that she needed a lot of work and pushing in the right direction to get her focussed mentally.

I thought it funny that although her father was obviously a keen cyclist she felt that things "just happened" for her in cycling, I got the impression that she's not a devout worshipper of all things cycling, more an athlete who happens to compete on a bicycle??

there's a full length version of that pic by the way, just use Google Images, I didn't dare post it on RB! :LOL:

My neice is the same age as VP, lived in the same village and went to the same schools. My neice still holds the school records for most athletic events always beating VP.

Regarding her dad, he is very intense and from what I can tell quite pushy with his children. He does have a lovely collection of bikes though. Rides most days to work at very high speed.

mass199":1y9p1uzi said:
Agreed, I'm not fussy after a few pints of Stella :LOL:

Stella. A richman. Some girls only need wine gums others Fosters :LOL: (so i'm told)

Back