1995 APOLLO KOSCIUSKO 21SPEED MTB

apollo95

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hello I am from Australia and I thought I would share with you all my pride and joy its my 1995 Apollo Kosciusko. :p

I purchased this bike in 1995 for somewhere around $400-500.
Over the years I have replaced derailleurs and shifters, but its an awesome bike and I've never come across one on the net the same as mine. The paint colour scheme is just beautiful .
Here are the pics of it!
IMG_5301Medium.jpg

IMG_5302Medium.jpg

IMG_5303Medium.jpg

IMG_5304Medium.jpg

IMG_5305Medium.jpg

IMG_5306Medium.jpg

IMG_5307Medium.jpg

IMG_5308Medium.jpg

IMG_5309Medium.jpg

IMG_5310Medium.jpg

IMG_5311Medium.jpg

IMG_5312Medium.jpg

IMG_5313Medium.jpg

IMG_5314Medium.jpg

IMG_5315Medium.jpg

IMG_5316Medium.jpg

IMG_5317Medium.jpg

IMG_5318Medium.jpg

IMG_5319Medium.jpg

IMG_5320Medium.jpg

IMG_5321Medium.jpg

IMG_5322Medium.jpg

IMG_5323Medium.jpg

IMG_5324Medium.jpg

IMG_5325Medium.jpg

IMG_5326Medium.jpg

IMG_5327Medium.jpg

Thanks for sharing that - the only Apollo I know of is Halfords (UK stores)own brand, but I don't recognise yours. Good to see people still using and enjoying some of the less exotic bikes. The fact that yours has lasted is testament to the fact that they'll do the job. You've got a good country for mountain biking, that's for certain... :shock:

Very unique paint job .. Nice.. Good to see you enjoy the bike which
Is what it's all about :)

Gave it a clean up today scraped heaps of gunk out of the front and rear sprocket /chainrings. also washed off the caked on mud too!
Changed the Tioga tyres over for a set of Schwabb direction hybrid style tyres, thanks to my kind brother. very smooth easy to cruise at 42kmh :)

Re:

Hey does anyone have brochure for this bike Apollo Kosciusko 1995 model.
I need to replace cassette and chain and would like to know if its either 28 or 32 casssette from original specs.

Thanks,

Apollo95

Re:

Hey does anyone have brochure for this bike Apollo Kosciusko 1995 model.
I need to replace cassette and chain and would like to know if its either 28 or 32 casssette from original specs.

Thanks,

Apollo95
If you're still around and still looking, I happen to have this exact bike, down to exactly the same pattern/colour and underseat accessory bag! I'm not much of a rider and this thing has been hanging in my garage for years. I got it in 1994 or so I think, from a bike shop in Elizabeth St, Melbourne, back when they still had actual shops in the city. Mine has got pretty much all the factory bits, and some cheapo aftermarket accessories like clip-on guards, lights and a trip computer. I'm ashamed to say the original tyres still have some of those stringy moulding leftovers that you find/found on new tyres. The inner tubes still hold air. I thought I'd give it a clean and use it to stay fit in retirement.

I still have the manual that came with it, it is pretty basic, about 2 dozen pages. Just contains things like how to change a tyre, maintain the gears etc. There are no obvious specifications. I have no idea what a cassette is, but the chain and gears are factory, I could count them if I knew what you needed. I can also scan the manual for you if that is helpful. I vaguely remember getting a full colour flyer/brochure when I was about to buy it, but I have no idea what I did with it.

Back