My new attitude

You son of a gun! That's beautiful!

How much did you get her for...if you don't mind me asking :oops:

Rich

hmm, sweet. congrats!
you can prevent cable rub on the head tube by re-routing the shifter cables. the left cable to the right inlet on the down tube and vice versa. that way they make a nice bow around the head tube and dont touch it. because they need to exit the down tube at the opposite side they need to cross each other inside of the down tube. you will need to pull out the cables and the liners. then take a long enough piece of cable, make a slight bend at one end and try to fiddle it through the down tube (left entry to right exit and vice versa). lying the frame so that the exit is at the deepest point helps and holding a strong magnet close to the exit. once you've managed that you can put the liner back in by shoving it over the inner cable into the entry hole.
sounds complicated and occasionally is but usually it works right away.
i also put the front brake on the right lever (i am used to that from the motorcycle) and hence the rear brake cable also makes a nice bow around the head tube.

imho it looks much nicer and cleaner as well

1010S_S_Adroit8.jpg

Carsten

Yes, I hope to bring it along. I paid £900 for it, a bit pricey maybe but they don't come along everyday. I would try the cable rub thing but as you know, attitudes are a pain in the bum to reroute. The cables are those original fat Xt braided ones too, so I'd like to keep them. Just spent the eve fitting a cooks crankset and ringle wheelset. It's looking better now. Still need some pimped cantis if anyone has any spare?

£900 Pricey !!! ! Thats a bargain as far as im concerned !! Ive had two of these babys in these original team colours, both with the essential welded forks !!! Well done cocker.... You chose wisely!!!

If you ever decide to sell it ! ! ! ! ! !

Back