RBoTM July 2012 Nominations - Tour de France Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Be nice to see more entries but there you go.

Should've pulled my finger out and got this one built.

7582636256_be9cfe019a_z.jpg

TdF

Come on, someone must have a classic ANC Halfords gas pipe special (or maybe the 753 'real thing')...Halfords was full of the damn things in 1987!

Re: TdF

531 pro":168cwqd9 said:
Come on, someone must have a classic ANC Halfords gas pipe special (or maybe the 753 'real thing')...Halfords was full of the damn things in 1987!
Also in the Tour de France?

Re: TdF

Also in the Tour de France?[/quote]

Halfords made a notoriously disastrous entry in the 1987 TdF. Not the riders' fault, team was run by some dodgy ex-copper. The manager's family also insisted on coming along for the whole tour, but his wife's dog died and one of the riders had to bury it in the hotel garden.
There's a great chapter about it in the book 'Roule Brittania', and I think there is a full length book just about that team somewhere.

Johnny

As Mel hasn't entered one yet, I'll pad out this months entries with an ex-team 1990 Panasonic PR-6000 with full Dura Ace 7400/01.

Some nice detailing includes the 'not available to the public' extended seat tube (I utterly refute the suggestion of a local frame builder that they couldn't be bothered to mitre the tube).

Attachments

• Full bike.JPG
    Full bike.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,147
  • John Talen.JPG
    John Talen.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 2,147
I hope I can enter this one for this month. :D

My Koga Miyata FullPro with an almost complete Dura Ace 7400 group and the pretty red spiderpaint from 1992.

It is an ex Tulip team bike as would have been ridden by the Tulip-computer team in the 1992 Tour de France.

These special team bikes can be recognized by the chrome socks which are not present at the bikes you could buy at the store.

2u7agbb.jpg

3495i04.jpg

Special LEMOND Maillot Jaune OCLV

This is my one of kind factory LEMOND Maillot Jaune with Dura Ace.
Still one of my favorite rides.

Ben

Attachments

• Lemond1.jpg
    Lemond1.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 2,026
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back