Pitmedden: The BBQ, sausages and singletrack - Fri 27th July

Raced there on an ss years ago and it was fine. Like TK said, there are no sustained climbs.

a good place for s/s rado (but then where is'nt )
maybe go up a tooth on the rear tho

depending on t weather i'd recomend discs and knarly tyres ,tho if its dried out v's and any tyres will do

Just back from Pitmudden with 2 mates that'd never been. We should maybe swap the bikes for kayaks. VERY wet in places. The climb up to the picnic table that's normally a bit damp is a torrent. Some sections of single track have been used by horses are are completely churned up. Very hard going. Still good fun, but a very different place to what it was in March. Will eat v brake pads in no time.

so

wheres the meeting place ?

the klink might be a bit small .and unsuitable for camping /cooking

TK can you bring that frame ?, give it to shed if am no there (or dad)
hoping to be there 6/7 ish

I'll bring the frame mikee, need space in the shed and I keep getting tempted to build it up :) even bought a spare headset :)

I might be struggling to camp though as miniken wants to come and he has a saturday morning paper round now :)

who is camping - list time

im up for the camping if theres a crowd going for it.

so campers:
keithyr

Mikee - i canna mind where Rob and I spotted the likely camp site. best option to meet up in cars at the clink then convoy to the campsite ?

should be there about 7 latest also.

whats the plan anyway late ride friday night after BBQ then a cheeky morning run afore breccy ?

Keith - I'm thinking we just BBQ down in the klink car park, keeps it simple, easy to find and means folks don't have to arrive at a set time (we know how good Macretro are at getting anywhere on time). Parking shouldn't be a problem, we're no expecting a huge turnout.

So, I'm thinking BBQ 5.30pm onwards - everyone OK with this time? Lets folk get there a bit earlier, and leaves scope for folks who don't finish work till later. TK's talking about getting up there a bit earlier, and I'll probably do the same, help get setup, etc. I'm thinking 2-2.5 hours for the BBQ. Those that need a wee play on the bikes can nip off for a mini 10 minute lap doon the bottom.

Folks camping should setup after the ride at Keithy's campsite spot further up the fire road?

sounds like a plan ZZ.

mind you not sure how many campers we have, think it's just me an Rob so far and i ain't sleeping with him on me own in the wild :shock:

Back