1994 Grove Innovations Ti with Paul Derailleurs

r0gue

Old School Hero
I picked this frame up personally from Bill Grove back in 1994. Built it up with every penny I made to make it into my dream MTB. At some point around 1998 I sold it to my brother, and he literally never rode it (not that I did much either prior to its sale). I just bought it back and dusted it off.

Doing a little research I found this site and thought I'd join to share my old school pride and joy. So hello, from Butler Pennsylvania!

Cheers!
r0gue

1994 Grove Innovations Ti with Paul Derailleurs, Grafton brake levers, Avid cantilever brakes, Machine Tech power claw silent hub, Union Ti spokes, Ringle post and stem, Dean Ti bars, Shimano XT 7 speed thumbshifters running 8 speed drivetrain in friction mode. Action Tech Ti rings and cogs.

Lots of goodness here!!!

img2070r.jpg

Original as they come!

racer x":y6rsezkb said:
Thats awesome mate is it the original build and have you got any more pics :cool:

I may have added a trinket or two but it is untouched from about 1996 on. And the cables, casings, chain and tires are all original. This is the first year release for Gore cables and casings!!! It's funny, you can see how anal I was. I put protective stickies all over the frame. Now all these years later, it's kind of a good thing. It is so minty!

img2082pp.jpg

img2081wa.jpg

img2073v.jpg

img2083gr.jpg

img2084o.jpg

img2074g.jpg

img2088ge.jpg

img2090nl.jpg

img2091zg.jpg

img2078l.jpg

img2080tl.jpg

img2076d.jpg

ferrus":1xly3p1y said:
That is nice!, delicious parts spec. Dig the friction shifting too :)
..maybe change the headset?

Hahaha! I once had a Christ King WTB conversion that was greaseable on there, but my brother watched to cheap it up a bit, so I saved that back fro a different bike and hooked him up with the XT. It also had a Manitou original on it. Pre II or III or ...

Mr.Toad":1y1693ms said:
Lovely....
Does it ride as good as it looks?

No, not really. It'll be great as my AM coffee ride for our Friday morning easy spin. I do more serious road riding other mornings. But as an offroad machine, it would be dismal. I hope to locate a nice high quality straight blade fork with a one inch steer tube for it. Something along the lines of what the Yo Eddy used to come with. Anybody with pointers to that, please let me know. Thanks!

Mr.Toad":45agzctg said:
Lovely....
Does it ride as good as it looks?

No, not really. It'll be great as my AM coffee ride for our Friday morning easy spin. I do more serious road riding other mornings. But as an offroad machine, it would be dismal. I hope to locate a nice high quality straight blade fork with a one inch steer tube for it. Something along the lines of what the Yo Eddy used to come with. Anybody with pointers to that, please let me know. Thanks!

Back