Indy Fab Deluxe SS '98

Pace forks are good on a British bike in my opinion.

An IF deserves something 'better'. I'd personaly have a pair of White Brothers UL's or failing finding a good pair, a RS SID on it, but hey! It's not my bike.

The Z2's look good, work well, so why change?

al. :D

I agree (I think), Pace for a British bike, and the Z2s do suit.

Now some White Brothers forks would be ace. I do have some actually, but in 120mm flavour, so a bit beefy for this frame!

I've just gone and ordered a 32t Uno ring for the RS7s :oops:

Now, risers or flat bars? ............that should open a can of worms!

mike_eb":rn0scukr said:
And where would the sensible for a singlespeed RIGID option be?

I've done my time on a rigid SS, and whilst I appreciate the purity of it, my arms & wrists prefer the suspension option. Very rooty trails round my way!

What was that funny yellow disc in the sky today? It was scary

First ride out on the IF - :cool: - what a lovely bike. All the guff about decent steel frames is true! Felt like it was floating over the terrain at times. Never felt twitchy - well one time, but that was me trying to X-up a small jump and cocking the landing up :oops:

Fitted CB Eggbeater SLs, Answer Alulite risers, a slightly shorter RF Deus stem, and Maguras (still on the look out for some nice Vs) Actually the Maguras look better than I thought they would.

Wow! you like your seat forward. :shock:

Almost inline pin and as far back on the rails as possible. Looks like you need a 22'' top tube, so if you give me the IF......

You are right about a good steel frame, nothing rides as well.

al. :D

al":dojjpvwd said:
Almost inline pin and as far back on the rails as possible. Looks like you need a 22'' top tube, so if you give me the IF......

:LOL: It's more down to me needing to adjust the seat a bit! The photos are from after the ride - I suspect the seat might have moved a bit.

ajantom":1hrf09rw said:
al":1hrf09rw said:

:LOL: It's more down to me needing to adjust the seat a bit! The photos are from after the ride - I suspect the seat might have moved a bit.

Moved forward?

You are supposed to ride the bike not hump it!!!

al. ;)

al":1muzag3o said:
ajantom":1muzag3o said:
al":1muzag3o said:

Moved forward?

You are supposed to ride the bike not hump it!!!

al. ;)

Could happen while braking on some steep descent :roll:

Saddle has been repositioned ;) and we went out for a play with the wednesday evening Haldon group ride.

Some appreciative comments from those in the know, and some raised eyebrows about the lack of discs :LOL: kept up admirably on the singletrack and descents, and on the final trail down St Andrews Lane I was buzzing the back wheel of the full-susser in front.

What a lovely bike :D

Back