August 5th - Millington, Yorkshire Wolds

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was incredibly quiet Marc, surprising as a lot of it is on the Yorkshire Wolds Way.
It was very easy to navigate as Ben did it all for me and he is damn good with a map :LOL:

Looking forward to it , went out for a hour this aft on towpath (testing knee after op) with no probs, going to have a go at my local 15>20mile route tom to see how the knee holds up but working on today I should be ok for this . Will still be on the moderns Stumpy HT though as the E3 is progressing slowly.
Matthew

Matthews":2n4te3td said:
Looking forward to it , went out for a hour this aft on towpath (testing knee after op) with no probs, going to have a go at my local 15>20mile route tom to see how the knee holds up but working on today I should be ok for this . Will still be on the moderns Stumpy HT though as the E3 is progressing slowly.
Matthew

Glad your doing so well after the op Matthew and fingers crossed the ride tomorrow goes well.

I'm now a defo for this as I can still move after yesterday . It's even on the kitchen calender so no arguments from the wife.
See you all there.
Matthew

There is one nice steep gradient (ok a few) but all short and just walk up them, luckily you cannot ride the one I was talking about, I tried. Twice. Lets just say turtles on their back and inability to move, other than flail legs and arms around around, even once somebody has remove the bike from between your legs. :oops:
If it does stay the same then I would recommend something comfy if not just for the first part where the horses and cows have rutted up the track in the wet and it's now dried.

The village where we'll use the pubs facilities is not far from the end, so feel free to stuff up and relax there.
http://www.aroundmillington.co.uk/
It's the Gait Inn
All the other villages have sod all :( so bring some food and drink for the ride

If anyone really wants I can pop the route map up as well.

mmmmmmmm, comfy mongoose or 88 mirage?????

looking forward to this, off on hols a day after so great start :D

I'm already down as a maybe for the British Steel Ride dahn sarf, so I don't think I can make this one

It all depends on my finances really, if I'm skint I'll come & play!

Looks like a good ride, have fun :)

I am aloud to play out, I was having trouble with my left knee and lots of bruising on my right leg after the ground swallowed my front wheel resulting in me being slammed into the rocks on the Yorkshire Dales ride, been out on the bike and everything is back to normal :D , Think I will be going for the comfy option on this ride, looking forward to it :D :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back