My DynaTech (Sort Of)

richmog08

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is my DynaTech (1993 M-Trax 700 in a previous incarnation). I've been putting it together over the last 9 months. It came to me in a very tatty condition with a very worn LX groupset. I stripped it and re-sprayed it using smooth Hammerite, and have slowly replaced the LX group with a mixture of mostly M739 and M737. I have also got a set of M739 STI's to go on it. The Mag21's came courtesy of TC. I would just like to get a zero degree Black quill stem on it, has i think the Silver one looks wrong. It rides really nice and makes me wonder why i never bought one before. I will add some more pics tomorrow, has the battery died on the camera when taking these.

001-29.jpg

002-33.jpg

Very well proportioned bike and a nice matt black stem would finish it off nicely :) Not sure about the red mech jockeys and valve caps.

Haha, I've got an eye for details... Looks like you're using a threaded-to-Ahead stem converter as well ;)

No, it's a quill, but missing the top cap so i used an old Dia-tech expander contraption to fill the gap. ;)

I wouldn't mind one of the all Ti ones, if your going to karma one my way. ;) But yes, i wouldn't mind one, which is a complete turnaround for me. BITD when i first started riding MTB's, about 1990, i was one of those people that turned my nose up at all things Raleigh. But i have to admit that i was wrong with my judgement, because it's one of the most fun bikes i've ridden and it fits a treat. I just need to find that elusive matt black quill stem, now.

Very cool mate. I have a Dyna Tech/M Trax.... long story, but it's a 1995 M Trax painted as a 1991 Dyna Tech.

The Dyna Tech debonded (as some did!!) so Raleigh replaced the frame under warranty and painted it in it's old colours.

Just awaiting my brother to package it and send it to me in New Zealand.

Its going to be so far from the original spec and I can't wait tbh... a real 'bitsa' that will no doubt disgust some on this forum. (I've even got a NOS Tioga Alchemy John Tomac Sig Blue Anodised Stem to put on it.... and the bike is Green and Silver!!) ha ha, So don't worry too much about your stem ;)

Back