Graham Weigh Frame info

gregs656

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this up a couple of weeks a go, I thought the frame was shot but now it's all stripped down there are plenty of miles left in it. Way too big for me though, and that seat post is fighting.

Anyway - can any one tell me anything about it?

f9179b19.jpg

f63c7ddf.jpg

c499bec6.jpg

6bbb6d74.jpg

The same frame as mine which i built in 1989,it is done in the Greg Lemond colours which at that time Greg was at his best.

Attachments

• bike 004.JPG
    bike 004.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 881
Yours looks to be quite a bit cleaner than the one I have. I took the cinelli stem and bars off mind so I take those to be originals. Had a right mix otherwise though - Athena bb, cranks and rear mech. Front mech is campagnolo but not Athena I don't think. 105 calipers, shifters, levers and headset. Mix match of campagnolo hubs on mix match rims.

Tis a nice frame though.

I got the thought that i may have it re-sprayed as it has a few nicks and scrathes but seeing the one you have which has wethered slightly has changed my mind.It is columbus slx so you may want it sand blasted and re-sprayed.

Attachments

• bike 005.JPG
    bike 005.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 870
  • bike 007.JPG
    bike 007.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 870
Yes the paint on the one I have is not in good shape. It has crazed and cracked all over.

If I can't get that seat post out I am fairly stuck.

Where does Slx fall in the Columbus hierarchy? Seems light to me.

Yours looks like a big frame as well, this has got to be 59-60cm.

That post looks pretty rusted in, but the good thing about steel ones is they are easy to weld things to when they get stuck like that. See if you can find a friend with a MIG welder who can weld a nice 1 metre bar across the top of it. You should then be able to get some purchase on it and twist it out with the frame between your legs. Also, Plusgas seems to penetrate better than WD40, if you can find it.

I've been using a penatrent fluid on it so I might have some luck with that, got a bit of heat on it as well so maybe over a week it might loosen up enough.

Thanks for the contact info, I will email them a few pictures and see if they can't tell me a bit more.

Good idea on the welding though, I do have a friend who could do that.

Back