maybe raleigh ? help identify please...

matood

Retro Newbie
I got this from my friend for free. All i know is that previous color was silver, it came from germany (in 80')and probably just the derailleurs, stem are genuine rest is replaced with never parts.There is no number or any sign of manufacturer. there were only Campagnolo stickers now and even before when it was silver.
Here are some pics for easier identification.
http://s1166.photobucket.com/albums/q614/matood/
Thanx for help.

80's frame judging by the parts. Nicely put together.........holes in rear drop out for a portecena so not tat.

Might never get to know who made it unless the frame number is unique?

Shaun

Someone will have to confirm, but I don't think Raleigh used those lugs. Also, the tops of the rear uprights don't look Raleigh. I dunno, it doesn't smell like a Raleigh to me. What diameter is the seatpost?

Your frame has braze on guides, different seat stays and the era is wrong for the rear drop out portecena holes on your bike...........

Lugs might be the same as they are factory sourced but doesn't look like a stock Raleigh to me.

Shaun

Thank you for reply...
The bike came from germany. Does anybody know some german frame builder from germany?

Yep, those cable guides made me think too..........which was why I wondered about home made guides as a trial ? The top of the forks look like a diamond panto too.

Shaun

The seat cluster looks quite nice: the way the seat stays blend into the seat tube.

I've not seen it done like that before: are they unusual or am I showing my ignorance?

Back