Pitmedden: The BBQ, sausages and singletrack - Fri 27th July

checked the FC site wild camping seems to be ok in tay forrest park, galloway park etc nothing about pitmedden.

Wild camping

Wild camping in the Forest Park is permitted as long as it is done responsibly and in accordance with the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.

general rules is that it is not allowed but is up to the FC Ranger to his discretion. basically if we look like we are gonna cause bother and leave rubbish etc they will move ye on.

i'm sure the bunch of reputable guys on here will be ok (unless they clock Rob)
:p

me an rob were up there today and found a nice spot to camp. trails still muddy but very enjoyable!

Sounds good Keith - what's the pitch look like? Is it accessible by car so we can get the BBQ and gazebo in there?

OK, so attendees looking like:

Velo (Maybe)
Radek
Kaiser
The Ken
Rumble
Hawmaw (Maybe)
RobMac
Keithyr
mistermonkeywrench (needs lift from Edinburgh)
zigzag
clubby

I know there's one or two maybes in there - Have I missed anyone out, or anyone changed their mind?

So timing wise, what suits folk? Would be good to get up there at tea-time if possible, but this might not be realistic for those coming from further afield or who can't get away early. Possibly two start times - early and later?

pitch was nice flat area clearing i trees.

was just off main fire road then through a gate so fairly close for car access.

i've got a wee portable BBQ which can bring to help wi the cooking also. can also bring a coupla fire logs for putting on bbq to keep us warm

will let rob give the directions to the campsite as i get lost every time i'm up there!

Working in Dundee until 5.30 but I should be able to make it. Can't camp as I've to be in Aberdeen the next morning.

moving mountains at the moment to be there

is this a retro ride or anything goes ?

Good lads!

mikee - hope you can swing it - anything goes bike wise, so you've got the green light for the fat bike.

I'm pretty sure it is SS friendly, the 2 bad climbs are push ups for most of us and there isn't a great deal of climbing, it's a bit weird that way, definitely feels like more downs than ups.

Back