Show us what you did today, thread

Alloy flash 29er 1. Was lusting after the carbon version but £600 extra for the same spec wasn't worth it. The one I bought is way lighter than anything I've ever ridden before anyway.
Mentally it took a while to get over the lefty, but took it to Glentress and it was so much fun down zoom or bust and berm baby berm. Really stiff and responsive, anyone that says a 29er is slow to turn in hasn't ridden a good one.

cool bike steve

nobby nicks are shit tyres

get some wtb raptors or panaracer cinders on there
the kenda karmas are good dry trail tyres
and the conti barons are a good chioce for muddy stuff and were £11 each in my local halfords (at the till , ticket price £16 odds) heavy tho

Have the original grey raptors that came with the bike but never liked them. They're even worse after they've been sitting hardening for 15 years, but they look good for photos. Got a set of karmas as a freebie with a set of wheels I bought, but didn't rate them in anything other than bone dry. Definitely not a tyres for Pitmedden in the rain, no sideways grip. Never tried cinders or barons.
Z max were around in the 90's so are a good period fit, plus they were in the sale. Trying to keep my tyre habit under control after having a clear out last year.

A wee bit to go but I'm getting there.

7606024234_fb0bbf291c_c.jpg

clockworkgazz":2anq3pi2 said:
That looks good mate, great frames those salsas and looks like a great all rounder :D

It's my nod to this century, got them new fangled brake disc things and everything. Couldn't resist chucking on my old XTR 950 mech tough as it's medium cage so doesn't flap as much and I can run 11-28 on the cassette.

Back