Herefordshire Road Ride III - Saturday 21st July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
daj":24svq6ci said:
Yep I am in of course

(also hoping Mark is really unfit !!! :LOL: )

There must be a few more peeps up for this?

Have a pile of bits that need building up and sadly busy on saturday- next year maybe :oops:

Campsite is underwater so no M5 for me!!! May be able to make this but am requiring some honest answers here.

'Local knowledge' suggests a geared ride and out of the all the bikes i ride, the only ones with gears are a Pashley tricycle and a Raleigh Lenton Clubman :LOL:

So honesty please...i'll have a go on the Lenton but how fast are you intending to average? I reckon i could average about 16 / 17 mph or maybe a touch more with the adrenalin flowing (sorry for the imperial) but i don't want to hold people back.

Let me know what you guys think....

ha,ha I am averaging about 14 at the moment if that helps and blew a gasket tonight trying to get up a 19% climb this evening!!

you won't be holding me back!!!

grumpycommuter":arznu2xd said:
Campsite is underwater so no M5 for me!!! May be able to make this but am requiring some honest answers here.

'Local knowledge' suggests a geared ride and out of the all the bikes i ride, the only ones with gears are a Pashley tricycle and a Raleigh Lenton Clubman :LOL:

So honesty please...i'll have a go on the Lenton but how fast are you intending to average? I reckon i could average about 16 / 17 mph or maybe a touch more with the adrenalin flowing (sorry for the imperial) but i don't want to hold people back.

Let me know what you guys think....

ededwards":351z2ifs said:
At 17 mph you'll have no problems Karl.

Having co-ordinated with the other half of 'Team Grumpy' the decision is yes!!! I'm in please. Where is the meet point? and will 26'' MTB tubes fit in my 26 x 1/4'' 1950's tyres?

Mmmmm. I'm tempted. 80Km is more than I would normally be doing. I did manage 51 miles last Sunday. I felt fine apart from the usual horrible headache all the next day. I wish I knew why this kept happening!

I have serious things to be doing the next day so will need to watch the old body a bit. I don't (YET) need a compact around here so will I cope with a 39x23?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back