Late 90's DH bike collection - GT DHi and Intense Tazer FS

ChrisBrown81":1la1cesr said:
I've only got 3 pictures of the race bikes and this is the best one. Now if I could just source a shock...... Lol

Looks like its stretching the geometry a little, unless it is becasue it is on the stand. Presuming its upped the rear travel to near on 7-7.5in? Would it not make it all a bit odd geo wise? Custom front triangles too I expect.

It takes travel up to 7in due to the longer stroke shock, the head angle can be adjusted via screwing the shock trunion up and down. I've only seen it on the larger frames as well, this might be for clearance reasons or the simple phyics of fitting it on the frame? It will all be trial and error...

Re: Late 90's DH bike collection - Schwinn straight 8 built

Its been a while on the old bike front, been busy finishing off my house refurbishment. Finally moved in and I've had the chance to finish/advance some of the on going projects:

Schwinn Straight 8:

Ditched the Dorados as the frame is a 2000 frame and Dorados weren't about, put some 2000 Boxxers on it, going for a period Halfords-BikeHut/Azonic team look. To be correct it needs an Azonic Shorty stem on it (which I have), and black 1.5" bars, (which I don't have), to match (got Eastons on at the moment).

Frame didn't have the OE chain device on it so I've fitted an MRP. If anyone has a 22mm Hayes rear caliper in black I'd be interested in buying it off you to switch the Hayes 2000 HFX-9's.

Attachments

• IMG_0764LQ.jpg
    IMG_0764LQ.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 983
Re: Late 90's DH bike collection - Schwinn Straight 8 BUILT

This is my STS-1.

Bought it in a similar spec to this but changed a few things around, still want to change the seat and rotate the tyres to the sidewall decals are in line with the rim decals.

Attachments

• IMG_0768LQ.jpg
    IMG_0768LQ.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 982
Re: Late 90's DH bike collection - Schwinn Straight 8 BUILT

backinthedaydh":uwqqb8wl said:
rotate the tyres to the sidewall decals are in line with the rim decals.

Yes!!!!!! Someone else that's as anal as I am! :p :LOL:

I don't feel as bad now!

Back