TI-Raleigh Team Reissue

Elev12k":1xar76te said:
It is not nice as your TI 753, John, but I've seen less well executed replicas.

http://www.raleigh.co.uk/ProductType/Pr ... 14&pg=8447

Could indeed have been far worse, never thought to look in their online catalogue :LOL:

Don't follow the prices of new stuff closely but seems quite strong money for a 525 frame with veloce.

Agree, my 753 which has been in storage for 4 years is superior.

That sort of money buys a LOT of bike. :shock: I'm glad companies like Raleigh bother to do this sort of thing but when you think what they could do with some top quality tubing and a better groupset... The heritage is one thing but when you have it, why aim low?

For that money I'd be after a Merckx Corsa Extra of a few years back, and I'd spend the change on other stuff I don't need. :roll:

Seems expensive to me for what it is. For that amount of money you can get a very good Ultegra equipped full carbon machine with all the latest gizmos. Don't believe the weight either - 9kg? For a 525 tubed bike with Veloce etc. I'd have thought at least 1kg more if not 2.

Typical example of big business jumping on a perceived popular bandwagon?

Old Ned":3o9xaybo said:
Seems expensive to me for what it is. For that amount of money you can get a very good Ultegra equipped full carbon machine with all the latest gizmos. Don't believe the weight either - 9kg? For a 525 tubed bike with Veloce etc. I'd have thought at least 1kg more if not 2.

Typical example of big business jumping on a perceived popular bandwagon?

Hmm, weight does look wrong - as it happens I weighed my bike on the weekend which has a Veloce groupset with light-ish (1.5kg) wheels and that came out at 8.9kgs. My frame is alu with carbon forks and weighs 2kgs - I doubt 525 is anywhere near that!

Mark.

Back