MacRetro National Innerleithen. Chat thread.

I'll not make it but if there is anything else needed let me know - I'll start on the banner tonight.

I'll be watching this with interest cause the route and time scale involved will have a major impact on whether I can make it to the meet. On the day I need to be at work in Govan for 4pm. I've been knocked back for time off or a late start.

Not sure what it equates to distance wise but I reckon we shouldn't aim for much more than 20 miles and definitely under 30.

Should possibly look at escape routes too, especially as it is open moorland, if the weather turns it would be bleak

Time is up to you guys, I'm off all day. It takes me a couple of hours to get there. Realistically though earliest 9 till 11?

I'll happily accept a lift and I'll be ready, thanks ZZ :cool:

Yorkshire rides tend toward 25 miles and they seem well attended plus our Torridon run was a fair distance but everyone made it :)

Anyhoo getting to the Three Brethren at least would be good as its a distinct landmark with good photo opportunities and the views meant to be great. Also it sits on the edge of Yair Forest which is supposed to have some good unofficial trails between the forest roads which we could link back to Minch Moor.

25 is fine, Drum took much longer than expected for the morning run and most didn't go out in the afternoon. I think that was only around 15 miles.

We all made Torridon but look how long it took and it would take much longer with 20+ riders

Back