The Modfather

dbmtb

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bradley Wiggens granted Danish TV2 an exclusive interview today on the proviso that they would only quiz him on music etc....

Now Bradley seems to be a very amiable chap with impeccable taste but the journalists really screwed up in their feature about "Mod culture".

Wiggens waxed lyrical about the music he liked - the Small Faces the Jam, Joy Division, Oasis, Kasabian and Noel Gallagher. (Notice the LIAM omission?), Lambrettas and Vespas and suits....

Soundtrack for the feature was Joy Division's "She's Lost Control". Now pardon me for being an old Goth but wouldn't a Jam song have been a better choice? The early 80s mod revival got naery a mention and the Who and Quadrophenia.... well ...

Anyway ... what I'm getting at here is that ... in 30 years of cycling. We finally have a "hero" I can get my head round. Wiggens has NO star-diva attitude and is a very likeable guy - bumped into him at Manchester Velodrome last year and there was no star bullshit whatsoever... And the TV channel really had a good opportunity to show a human side of this guy who is making this year's TDF the BEST TDF I remember, ever..... But due to poor journalism and amateurish researching - they blew it.

Oh ... and the Sky Pinarello DI2 bikes? I built the first one. They were going to ride Boardmans.... Sorry about that.

swannymere":7hoqy21l said:
tintin40":7hoqy21l said:
Wish he didn't ride for Sky :x ANy body but them.

It's just a sponsor, it doesn't reflect the team values.

To a point, but I am off the whole Olympics thing, partly because MacD is involved.

Whatever happens, major event if a Brit wins it.

There's a lot of music genre confusion.....seemingly Blondie was a punk band, and so was the Police ! :?: The Jam was seemingly, a punk band and a Mod band ......hey Kurt Weil said there's only 2 types of music.........good music and bad music :D

Punk era Police was epic.

Clash were one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

Pistols weren't too shabby either.

The Stranglers were hard to classify.

...and how about Squeeze?

Back