1991 Rocky Mountain Altitude, Finally Finished

Absolutely love that, really nice build. Personally I would have a bit less "red" everywhere but it's going into my "Bikes Other People Have That I Would Stop In The Street To Admire" collection anyway. :cool:

ah, finally! only thing i'm not a fan of are the tyres. other than that, that's sweet! :cool:

the cirrus is still available ya know. ;)

Great bike but please barter those red panaracer-tires for black ones. Then the contrast to the beautiful red rims will be more clear and the bike will look not so anxious. For the same reason I'd abstain from the golden ringle-skewers. ;)

Hi everyone, sorry for the late reply but I went on a bit of vacation after the post and have been out of town for work. Thanks for the replies on the Altitude, much appreciated!!

Retro_Roy:

Thanks!! Feels good to be back in BC, I moved to Penticton. The wife does triathlons so we thought it would be a perfect place for training since it is the home of Ironman Canada and because of the warm weather.

incorrigible:

I just bought a set of cable sleeves from an ebayer. They are not actually cable housing but meant for cables inside Klein frames. I wanted to protect the paint as best I could.

FluffyChicken:

I can't give you the exact colour since I just sent it to Dekerf to get repainted. He used the colours in his shop and they are perfect. Kinda funny, he said that he remembers building these frames back in the day. The paint/frame was needing some TLC after the many years of service and thought why not get it done by Dekerf himself.

Everyone:

Yeah I know the tires are not the greatest, I am not really a fan of them but I had them sitting around the garage and they are pratically brand new so thought why not. Was debating to take my old Megabites off the Cannondale but why buy new tires, I will just use these ones up first.

Re:

Changed up the Altitude a bit!! Swapped out the Syncros cranks with XTR, Nuke Proof wheels with XTR, Critical Racing brakes with XTR, Syncros stem and hang doggy to Syncros stem with noodle (I like them a lot better, but it's a little short), Syncros titanium bar to Syncros Aluminum, and got rid of the red/black tires for some Ritchey blackwalls.

Oh yeah, I tried a NOS red Flite that I had lying around (just put it on quickly, that's why it is pointing down so much), but didn't like the look, so I put the black one back on and it is staying.

Attachments

• IMG_1687 Resize.jpg
    IMG_1687 Resize.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1686 Resize.jpg
    IMG_1686 Resize.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1698 Resize.jpg
    IMG_1698 Resize.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1699 Resize.jpg
    IMG_1699 Resize.jpg