1994 Yeti ARC

Thanks.

If you want a good rider, I'd recommend a RS Judy SL with Risse cartridge and maybe some springs, I'd ditch the Grafton/Critical Racing brakes and go with M900 XTR or even Maguras (Yeti riders used them almost exclusively starting in 95), M900 XTR is fine, 950 is a bit too new as it came out in 96. I like the Ringle post, stem or ATAC and hubs. Grafton cranks are always good. Otherwise most anything goes. I like my 93 and only hate the Manitou 2 fork on it, weaksauce!

Frame has some chain sick going on. Decals are peeling. And paint is not bad but could use a do-over. I was thinking about powder coating the frame with white in the rear and black in the front. But I am not sure if I should stick to the OEM colors.

My guess is 94/95. The one bike I restored was A19XX and it was a 95, you just happen to have the earlier style decals which are more 94ish.

I think white with turquoise is nice, white/black - meh

mkozaczek":3oquoi63 said:
My guess is 94/95. The one bike I restored was A19XX and it was a 95, you just happen to have the earlier style decals which are more 94ish.

I think white with turquoise is nice, white/black - meh

Turquoise and white is so common though. Thanks Martin for the input. I think I may just surprise people as to what color I am going to powdercoat it. Lastly, where did you get your decals from?

Chickenball":1pcwozxu said:
Turquoise and white is so common though. Thanks Martin for the input. I think I may just surprise people as to what color I am going to powdercoat it. Lastly, where did you get your decals from?

Turquoise and white is common? Show me one. I think you're thinking of turquoise and gray.

My decals were provided by Spectrum and are transfer decals that have to be installed under the clear coat, not top mounted. I have top mounted decal sheets for my other ARCs but don't really have any spares, sorry.

Well this is probably the worst kept secret. My intentions were to keep this hush hush til March but the pictures were leaked onto facebook. Here are the finished paint pics.

396647_407332206005601_19583917_n.jpg

54621_407099609362194_445789779_o.jpg

I have the pic from the paint stripped from the frame on my BlackBerry. I'll get that up tomorrow or sooner. Cheers!

Back