Do I really want to sell my Bontrager???

That's the problem. 1" steerer!!! No suspension options open to me. 50mm of travel. These new bikes have 120mm on the hard tails. But do I really need it?

Went out tonight, had a great ride.

But the trails have changed, they are far more rutted than they used to be.

I can thread that bike through the eye of a needle. Using these things in mud wears them out. Can I still get 8 speed cassettes & chains? Plus the brakes are pretty poor by disk brake standards.

It is a tricky one. Such a perfect bike.

I'm putting a 100mm travel Mozo Pro on my Explosif, complete with brand new alloy steerer...

...get yourself a fork like mine (with a bolt-in steerer) cheap off eBay, strip'n'clean, and fit a new 1" steerer also courtesy of eBay; Job done :LOL:

They were well regarded BiTD, and are still surprisingly good...

...and canti's/V's can be every bit as good as disks ;)

Well, I decided not to sell the Bonty in the end. Ordered some fresh tires, rear sprokets & a new chain & booked it in for a full service.

Went out with a couple of friends yesterday. Whilst I can't decend as fast as these full sus rigs, if I hadn't had to wait for them at the top of climbs I would have completed the ride in half the time they could :cool:

And carrying 23lbs of lean steel up Jacobs Ladder is much easier than pushing 30lbs of bouncy alluminum!!!

Plus so many comments from other riders. Retro is the way forward.

Any groups in the south manchester area?

Back