Misleading eBay ad

mikeyb

Retro Guru
I viewed a bike now listed on eBay (a Klein Attitude) in person and didn't buy it because of some pretty major paint chips. It's now listed on eBay and these flaws aren't mentioned or pictured.

What's the best approach to protect potential buyers?

Mail the seller or you can report it to ebay. If you feel that strongly about it also you can post up a link and if he does nothing, we can all report it.

if its listed as Immaculate condition then you could report it as a misleading ad, but otherwise there isnt a lot you can do! I'm sure any potential buyer will be very quick to list a claim with ebay/paypal when it shows up

alanf":29ewqq5b said:
I'm sure any potential buyer will be very quick to list a claim with ebay/paypal when it shows up

That is, of course, IF the bike shows up within 45 days. If the seller manages to stall the buyer a while, he may very well get away with it.

I ordered a laptop battery in december, and the seller listed 7-8 weeks for delivery. It never arrived and I couldn't do a thing about it.
The seller isn't cooperating and eBay won't do a thing because the claim wasn't made within 45 days. I can't even leave negative feedback.

In that instance, you should have opened a case at 43-44 days. Gives your more time and a kick up the rear for them.

mikeyb":10tem21d said:
I viewed a bike now listed on eBay (a Klein Attitude) in person and didn't buy it because of some pretty major paint chips. It's now listed on eBay and these flaws aren't mentioned or pictured.

What's the best approach to protect potential buyers?

Good on you, Sir!

We need more people like you on auction sites.

I'll second what everyone else has said and say report to ebay and also post a link on here. That way any potential buyers might do some research on the item for sale and come across this site.

I was thinking more in the way of we could all report it as at least 30 times i have reported obvious fakes (video games), nothing is done.

cyfa2809":355g6mjs said:
I was thinking more in the way of we could all report it as at least 30 times i have reported obvious fakes (video games), nothing is done.

This is why the fees keep going up, cyfa. They have to hire more staff to deal with your 30 reports on each dodgy item. ;)

Video game, anime are a right bitch on the bay. My brother has been stung a few times. For some reason more so on Nintendo DS games.

Thats the exact games im talking about!

I know they must be inundated with reports but the ones i have been reporting would take a few seconds to remove. They are that bad.

same thing here > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... true&rt=nc

went all the way down to see/buy it today with an agreement if it wasnt up to the discription i could walk away and theres a football sized dent in the roof at least 50mm deep :shock: plus the bodykits all hanging on with tie raps and tiger seal , the head lining looks like someones pee'ed all over it where the waters came in :roll: and the worst bit was the front crossmember was split but it has a fresh mot ??? hmmmm

now relisted and i'm a time wasting idiot :evil:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320945549483? ... 1423.l2661

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back