Return to the Surrey Hills - 15th July

I've just returned a bike to Full winter mode. If it doesn't rain too much more a lot of the trails will drain ok as they are on sand. It will be wet and muddy but all should be ridable.

Does full Winter mode mean CrudCatchers are allowed, without the p155 being taken??

An EXCELLENT day out gents, thank you very much!
And sunny too - now there's something you don't see very often this "summer"
:) :) :) :)

Wonderful! Glad a good ride was had..I was stuck at a family lunch with a monstrous wedding hangover

Turnout? Pics?

There was myself, my mate Nick, Godders, Carge and Warpedboy2. We did about 15 miles of trails, most of them different to the National ride but I did include a few of the named ones such as Barries (with it's new section), yogurt pots, and telegraph road. We didn't take many pictures although I do believe that Warpedboy has a video clip of me coming down 2 headed dog and hugging a tree!

All in all, a good day out, the sun shone, and the trails were no worse than they are during the winter, wet but ridable with a slippery top.

What a fantastic day :D

As mentioned, the sun shone on us all day, and the trails were damp but still fast. This has got to be one of the best riding spots in the south east.

Had lunch from the shop in Peaslake instead of "The Most Expensive Pub in the World", thus avoiding another "Burgergate" scandal :LOL:

Thanks to Godders for the lift, and GRD for the excellent guiding, and to all for the excellent company.

Will post the vid of GRDs tumble when I get some charge in my phone.

Great day out guys, thanks to GRD for the route and to the others for the banter :D made the day even better ...oh and the cheese straws from the shop in peaselake yum yum yum ...even managed to stay on the bike this week :LOL: only down side the sloppy sandy gloop killed my brake pads, small price to pay for a top days riding
Mick :D

Back