rain

And just watch as soon as we get a dry spell lasting more than a week, we will be told hosepipe ban is on again. It's not so much the lack of rain, it is just the water companies use colanders to transport the water around, instead of pipes.

Being fair, it is both.

The amount of wastage through transfer is one thing, but reservoirs lose huge amounts and there is no way to reduce that, it is down to natural causes.

silverclaws":1cvv144c said:
And just watch as soon as we get a dry spell lasting more than a week, we will be told hosepipe ban is on again. It's not so much the lack of rain, it is just the water companies use colanders to transport the water around, instead of pipes.

*Invest in a number of large water barrels ;)

*Unless you live in a flat,but then why would you need a hosepipe? :shock:

I live in Manchester, I expect the rain so any minor spell of sunshine is a bonus. The Mersey was looking alarmingly high however when I went along the Carrington Spur the other day. Just had a chance to cut my lawn last Sunday before the rain started again.

cornholio's RC200":n65at2fs said:
I live in The UK, I expect the rain so any minor spell of sunshine is a bonus.

Fix your post for you.

I like the rain. Sure sometimes you will get soggy but humans are waterproof. Unless of course you have an irrational fear of going crinkly like you do when you have been in the bath for ages.

Back