Never under-estimate your dad!

daj":1njyejc3 said:
I gave my whole life up at the time to care and nurse my dad through terminal cancer, even 3 years on I am still paying the price but I would not Have had it any other way :cry:

I remember this and would have happily swapped places for you, my father is an arsehole and doesnt deserve to live.

I dont know how to answer these questions.Never got on as he doesnt wish to understand my condition.I think he accepted it more towards the end,sees the similarities between us perhaps[Dad didnt understand his abilities but they took him to the top of his game,He once rewrote the apple computer as it was wrong :cool: :LOL: ]

dyna-ti":3bau1fci said:
I dont know how to answer these questions.Never got on as he doesnt wish to understand my condition.I think he accepted it more towards the end,sees the similarities between us perhaps[Dad didnt understand his abilities but they took him to the top of his game,He once rewrote the apple computer as it was wrong :cool: :LOL: ]

Tell us more about the apple computer episode!

Life is way to short so no matter who you are or how old you get you always need a mum/dad.

My dad died when I was 14 (he was 43) of the big C. Still miss him now 14 years on and wonder what he'd make of my chosen career/wife/kids etc.

Hope you're dad stays in good health! Sounds like he's had a roller coaster year.

Its an tough, thankless job being a dad, i should know :(

My dad had a recent health scare, thankfully he is ok and it was just a close call. It came out of the blue and made me realise that one day he wont be here and thats hard to think about.

My dad is 70 can still do 1 arm press-ups and even though i do several martials arts could still whoop my ass :D

He has dodgy knees though so i know where to kick him ;)

I think those of use that are lucky enough to have a dad still with us should hug them (Sopranos style) when we next see them :D

For sale : A cold hearted snobby mother and a couldn't give a toss piss head father. Both come with their own free iron fist.

Offers accepted. ;)

Rusty Scrubber":3dhmahtd said:
For sale : A cold hearted snobby mother and a couldn't give a toss piss head father. Both come with their own free iron fist.

Offers accepted. ;)
Feckin hell!!!
Are we brothers?? :LOL: :LOL:

I know I will miss my pop's when he's gone, I just wish I actually liked the guy :oops:
I love him, like a son should, but dont like the fella :?

Hope your dad and you get as much time as you both need together ;)

G

Enid_Puceflange":2s9z26xo said:
Rusty Scrubber":2s9z26xo said:

Offers accepted. ;)
Feckin hell!!!
Are we brothers?? :LOL: :LOL:

I know I will miss my pop's when he's gone, I just wish I actually liked the guy :oops:
I love him, like a son should, but dont like the fella :?

Hope your dad and you get as much time as you both need together ;)

G

Ha ha, if we're twins, can I be Arnie? :LOL:

You can't force people to meet your needs, either as a child, or an adult, and I gave up with that a long time ago.

My mother posted a birthday card through the door a few days ago, with my dad waiting in the car, yet didn't knock. For me, it sums them up completely. It's still unopened. I guess that sums 'me' up completely.

Parents are great, but best viewed at a distance. ;)

Back