lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
sold a set of wheels about 3 weeks ago. advertised on ebay, sale agreed outside ebay, seller paid paypal gift.

cash received so i duly posted the wheels.

last weekend i receive an email from paypal saying htat the buyers bank have reversed the transaction! money goes straight back into the buyer's account!

luckily the buyer was honest enough to redress the situation and sorted a new payment within 24 hours, but i so easily could have lost out big time.

so maybe paypal gift isnt the best thing for sellers either...

You have confirmed what a i heard ages ago. As this happen to some one i knew.
Sorry can't help out :oops:

It does say 'this payment can still be reversed' at the bottom of every payment. How rubbish.

cyfa2809":12krkgtd said:
It does say 'this payment can still be reversed' at the bottom of every payment. How rubbish.

time to read the small print :oops: Last time i send payment like that

It happened to me a while back when I bought something from here. Very embarrassing to say the least.

I think the main thing is on sending a payment is to remember to pay what is asked.Fees should always be at the buyers end as theyre the one sending the payment.
ie- Seller asks for £30 so he must receive £30 not £30 minus some fee or other :?
Ive received payment minus fee and wasnt chuffed about it.I sent the payment back.

I have heard that if your Paypal account is linked to a credit card then all you have to do is say the item never arrived to the credit company & they will claim the money back from Paypal who then get it back from the seller.

As it says at the bottom of the Paypal transaction " the payment can be reversed"

:evil:

dyna-ti":17t9uvgs said:
I think the main thing is on sending a payment is to remember to pay what is asked.Fees should always be at the buyers end as theyre the one sending the payment.
ie- Seller asks for £30 so he must receive £30 not £30 minus some fee or other :?
Ive received payment minus fee and wasnt chuffed about it.I sent the payment back.
Doesn't work that way on ebay, though, which - to be fair - will likely be most peoples experience of paying by paypal.

Ebay and Paypal have begun to act towards their customers like Tescos do towards their producers.

That is all very well in the physical world where market presence dictates so much, but a few years is a lifetime in internet terms.

I would be surprised to see them retain their dominance if they keep moving this way.

I sold an ipod (not on ebay) a few years ago, posted it off and then was informed that the payment had been reversed! thus sending my Paypal account into the red and preventing me from using the account until the balance was restored.
Buyer said the ipod never arrived, so I supplied proof of delivery (thank f*ck I used a signed for delivery service) which included the signature of the recipient, who shared the same name as the buyer, funny that .:roll:
The money was then credited back into my Paypal acount.
Bloody annoying, but sorted out eventually.

Back