Newbie member powder coater

Hi i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to you all . I am a corby based powder coater . And i have been powder coating for 15+ years but dont hold that against me good jobs are hard to find and one day i might eventually find one . If you are starting a new project etc and are looking for powder coating etc feel free to message me . I have a few pics up of some of my projects in my album

powder coating is like garlic bread its the future. im new here to so just finding my way round but all the same (welcome) :D

hi mate

i am in corby pm your prices and where your based in corby, i am on a few forums and always on a look out for a powdercoater

cheers mike

Hi just had a frame coated on the cheap through a mate but its not come out perfect. Have seen this before on stuff but what cause's it?

SAM_2726.jpg

Hi sorry i didn't see your post . could you tell me where the marks are on the frame . there are a few possibilities to what it could be . Was the frame blasted prior to powder coating . Without actually seeing it my guess would be that some residule oil has came out of the bottom bracket or from around that area during the cooking process . It definately looks like some sort of oil under the paint . IF the whole frame is covered in spoils as well it could be a silicone issue
i hope this has helped
Regards Mart

Ok with it being up by the seatpost it makes oil transfer less likely . unless the bike was hung upside down for cooking . With most powder coating issues the problem tends to stem from pre treatment . So here are the possibilities .

It could be down to the blasting if the blast has been used on lots of oily parts prior to blasting the frame it can transfer oils into the frame with the presure of the blast ( this can be cured by hand sanding the frame and high temp pre cooking ) .

It could be down to the frame having had no pre treatment . Every frame i powder coat i hand sand once it is back from the blasters and then give it a high temp pre cooking . this stops the metal from gassing out and leaving marks like the ones in the picture .

Thats pretty much the best guess i can give you from looking at the picture .

Regards Mart

Back