Pinarello Prologo Low Pro

Finn Graybeard

Dirt Disciple
Hello Retrobikers,

I found some time register today after some months of lurking this great forum! So this is my first post here. I have got a small collection of steel classics and will post some of these bikes in the future.

First a small story about how I got into vintage bikes.
One year ago I decided that it was time to get a roadbike next to my Cyclocross bike. I bought a Gios Professional frameset as a project and build my first roadbike from parts I had laying around. I have ridden it for a year and I still do this day. After I had finished the Gios I found myself looking for a new bike project. I was looking for another project for my new adiction :D :D

I came across this Pinarello Prologo frameset and had to have it, because I really like the design of these low pro bikes. I builded this bike past winter and this is the result. When I got the bike, it had a Wolber wheelset and a Shimano 600 groupset. I got a set of FIR disc wheels and changed the groupset to a Shimano Dura Ace 7400 groupset. The only thing that I just need to mount are the Dura Ace toeclips.

main.php

Well, that is one cool bike. I really like this sort of thing. Shame the UCI cut down on the designers' fun!

Do you use it in anger? How does it compare in all out speed with a more modern TT bike I wonder?

I have something similar which, once I get fit enough, I want to use to achieve a personal goal.

Iwasgoodonce":3gm2dz10 said:
Well, that is one cool bike. I really like this sort of thing. Shame the UCI cut down on the designers' fun!

Do you use it in anger? How does it compare in all out speed with a more modern TT bike I wonder?

I have something similar which, once I get fit enough, I want to use to achieve a personal goal.

Thanks for you compliments, I realy like this era of bikes and the strange stuff that was designed in those TT days. I

The bike rides like a bullet :D and its so easy to get on a nice speed. I have tried once to set a personal speedrecord with this bike (without helmet) and got to a speed of above 50 km/h. I didnt have the guts to try harder because you are almost on the road with your head and this was to dangerous without helmet.

The only thing is that it is hard to stay on the bike for a few hours, you will feel your neck and back after a long ride.

I mainly use it for summer evening riding... Its one of the nicest bikes of my collection.

Nice, i had one of these until not so long ago (pic in my gallery) bought it cheap when they were out of fashion 12 or so years ago
i remember it was suicidal to desend on

Looks uncomfortable, but I wouldn't mind giving it a bash! - riding that is! :)

Back