So I'm at work now, and the phone rings............

Not a big fan of cold callers/telephone marketing myself, but at least they've made an effort to earn money rather than sitting on their lazy arses and claiming benefits for doing f**k all! They've actually gone out and got a job!

I have escalated a lead up to a second call back from a senior sales rep and organised a visit to talk about adding a conservatory to a high rise flat.

When sales peeps have insisted on talking to the owner I have given the phone to my learning disabled boss.

Once the Press & Journal sales team kept calling whilst my mum was in hospital after a stroke, they called and I asked them not to call back. Two minutes later they called back, a different person but plenty of giggling in the background.

Within five minutes I had their boss, an ex of mine, take them offline for a warning.

It is good to get even.

I'd love to try that. Not sure I would though.

Hardly anyone calls our home landline because we've only given the number to a few people, and last time I got a telemarketeer calling I answered 'hello Mum'. :oops:

I should have just carried on with it...
"hi, id like to ask you a few questions about..."
"muuuum, stop messing about"
"um, this it xxx from annoying telemarketeers.com..."
"I know it's you mum, I recognise your voice"
"no, it really is arxehole from telewanxers.com"
"what are you wearing?"
Click...

That would have got him. But I wasn't that quick.

They call us quite often for some reason.

Apparently the ppi people dont sell windows though. Even though i told them the machine who rang me said they did.

Having said what I said, one of my best friends was a woman I met who works in a call centre in the Philippines, selling international call packages.

We spoke for ten minutes and ended up sharing holidays.

:)

We are getting more of these annoying spam calls. If the number displays as unknown you can guess it is going to be a spammer. Politely say no thank you and hang up. If they call back the answer is not as polite.

Yesterday we had a call from a company that supplies power wheel chairs. The woman spoke to my wife who said no thank etc. Then they called back within a few minutes to say they had forgot to tell us about a special offer and could they book an appointment for their rep to visit. Again she said no thanks. A few minutes later the rep calls expecting to make an appointment. This time I answered, gave the rep a piece of my mind and told him that his company would be the last we would consider when it comes to making a purchase. He hung up before me.

highlandsflyer":170gkehd said:
We didn't start a band.

We just shared holidays.
It was a bit obscure... it just reminded me of DLR's somewhat embellished account of how Steve Vai ended up in his band.

Latest posts

Back