Bar tape

I use the Cinelli cork tape in the shop and on my bikes and it is excellent. That price is high though as Chickens have reduced the RRP to £9.99 which means you can buy cheaper just about everywhere.

Deda tape is another good alternative and is a bit cheaper but not as well padded.

Is there a good 'glossy' tape that is as good as the cork stuff, looking into white but I want to keep it clean somehow?

I offered up some white Cinelli tape a few weeks ago assuming it would be snapped up....

Anyway... Cinelli cork is IMHO the BEST cork tape available. Other stuff (Deda, Pro, BBB etc) is just crap.

If you want good bar tape WITHOUT cork I propose....
Bike Ribbon or Lizard Skins ....

Swear by Lizard Skins at the moment - hard-wearing, grippy, well-cushioned BUT a little expensive :p

As for keeping it clean. A rag soaked in rubbing alcohol will remove all the stains. From any type of bar tape....

gonna get a kicking here i feel but I just bought some ITM bar tape cork it looks nice and feels nice I havent put it on yet, does anyone else use it ?

Fear I may have made an error, tho it feels as good as the stuff I took off if not better???

Back