1992 Fire Mountain

ndaand

Retro Guru
Found a 1992 Kona Fire Mountain at a garage sale over the weekend. Paid $35 for the 19” bike which appears to have all original parts, but some wear including bent bar, bent seat, fallen apart port shifter, and loose bottom bracket. Even thought it has wear marks all over it, I think it will clean up well and it is an attractive color of green. I’m thinking of setting it up for a town bike, or maybe a single speed trail cruiser. Anyone have an opinion on this model Kona or a build/use for it?
A few pictures:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 933
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 935
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 932
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 933
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 934
I had one of these as my work ride, great bike really. only difference was mine had 200gs thumbies.

kona were one of the last to give in to the STi and specced thumbshifters on all there models, maybe this was just the british market tho?

RBG

I think you're right, I wonder how this ended up with push button shifters.
Oh well, may not be for long as I'm not optimistic that all the parts are within the blue tape.

Attachments

• 1992 Kona.png
    1992 Kona.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 914
Nice buy !! I would give it a full strip down and good clean/degrease..Replace broken/faulty parts with similar period stuff.. new cables.. then enjoy..

Col :)

Plus one":dt4ppu33 said:
Nice buy !! I would give it a full strip down and good clean/degrease..Replace broken/faulty parts with similar period stuff.. new cables.. then enjoy..

Col :)

second to that. :cool:

Thanks for the input all, always good to find a bargain. I think I'll take your advice and clean her up as is, shouldn't take much, except effort.
I'll post pictures upon completion.

Well, after a brief life as a mountain bike in my holding, I converted it to a work bike for the daily commute. So here it is:

Attachments

• KFMXx.jpg
    KFMXx.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 690
  • KFMx3.jpg
    KFMx3.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 689
Back