How is Friday 13th going for you?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've had better days. Nothing disastrous but losing my house / car keys for two hours first thing has pretty much set the tone for the day :LOL:

Surprisingly good so far...

visited 3 sites between 12am and 4am without a single hitch. Home and asleep by 6.30am. Weekend started at 1pm.

Good so far, and bad as well.

Good, packaged a few bits to send off, got a good deal on wheels and brakes.

Bad, the sodding courier won't pick up until Monday and a set of forks I am selling remain unsold.

GT-Steve":2n3almgw said:
For me, .......no different to any other day.... :D

It's just a number.. ;)
Pah, an unlucky number.

If nothing else, stacks of slasher and shrieker movies have shown us, there is real truth and power behind the superstition of the number 13 and the day of Friday...

Ish.

Neil":2dz45hkj said:
GT-Steve":2dz45hkj said:
For me, .......no different to any other day.... :D

It's just a number.. ;)
Pah, an unlucky number.

If nothing else, stacks of slasher and shrieker movies have shown us, there is real truth and power behind the superstition of the number 13 and the day of Friday...

Ish.

away from hollywood, it's a load of tosh... :LOL:

It's been a rather positive day for me, and no sign of anyone in a hockey mask... :cool:

Just great.

Strained a few muscles in my back when I got off the bike this morning, and the resulting pain caused me to lose control over my legs for a second. That was enough to put me on the floor

Right now, whenever I make a wrong move, it's like they're thrusting a sword in there and my legs just give up.

It's going to take a week or so before I can properly walk again, and the doctor has banned me (for life, no less) from riding any bike that has the handlebar below the saddle. So my choice of old bikes will be severely limited. Certainly no more Sbikes.

Raging_Bulls":1as3hz9e said:
Just great.

Strained a few muscles in my back when I got off the bike this morning, and the resulting pain caused me to lose control over my legs for a second. That was enough to put me on the floor

Right now, whenever I make a wrong move, it's like they're thrusting a sword in there and my legs just give up.

It's going to take a week or so before I can properly walk again, and the doctor has banned me (for life, no less) from riding any bike that has the handlebar below the saddle. So my choice of old bikes will be severely limited. Certainly no more Sbikes.

Interesting that as I've always found the more upright the riding position the less time I can spend on the bike before I get back ache. A lower front end mean that I can rest more of my upper body weight on my arms and shoulders rather than supporting it with my lower back.

Oh and I hadn't even noticed it was Friday the 13th until I saw this thread.

John":bsqtpq50 said:
I've had better days. Nothing disastrous but losing my house / car keys for two hours first thing has pretty much set the tone for the day :LOL:

I bet your keys were in the last place you looked................. :D

Just another day here too ;)

Back