Calling Al.....

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Al, we are on holiday in cornwall enjoying the rain, think I may have seen one of your creations in the Penzance Tesco petrol station on Wednesday, a lowered bronze VW bus with an evilbens decal on the rear window. Is that one of yours? Were you the dapper bloke driving it? It was very nice, although it appeared to have starting issues.

Despite the weather its been a good week, and everyone here seems really friendly apart from the fish n chip shop on the st ives front that wouldn't take Scottish money. Oh and the seagull that stole my first proper pastie.

I'd also assumed this was going to be a Paul Simon related thread.

Penrose estate is well worth a walk about, and the bar is great for beachcasting if you likes your fishing.

Flambards is good for the kids. You will likely meet one of my cousins, half of them work there.

Al's wagon having starting issues? Say it cannot be!

Here is hoping he posts a 'please help' thread, so all the bicycle engineers can throw in.

Lashings of ginger beer.

Cream tea.

Mhhhhh.

The Ken":m64ijixq said:
Al, we are on holiday in cornwall enjoying the rain, think I may have seen one of your creations in the Penzance Tesco petrol station on Wednesday, a lowered bronze VW bus with an evilbens decal on the rear window. Is that one of yours? Were you the dapper bloke driving it? It was very nice, although it appeared to have starting issues.

Despite the weather its been a good week, and everyone here seems really friendly apart from the fish n chip shop on the st ives front that wouldn't take Scottish money. Oh and the seagull that stole my first proper pastie.

You should have contacted me and had a spin in one of the jolopies. :D

The bus is Mawgans, Bens brothers. It's a really nice Earlybay. I have far more hair than he does!! I didn't realise he was having Issues with the engine.

al. :D

I would have been in contact Al but my wife is trying to keep me away from buses while we are down here as she knows how desperate I am for one, I kept showing her the 22k red splitty at Smiths but she just laughed when I mentioned the cost, wasn't even open to adding it onto the mortgage :)

I was also being very diplomatic not mentioning the lack of hair on the driver :)

The Ken":2admgwh9 said:
Got a feeling we'll be back next year so hopefully hook up then.

Cool!

Give me a shout.

al. :D

Latest posts

Back