1998 Trek Pro Issue DH (Only 100 ever made)

I came across a post from about 3 years ago named ugly bikes on singletrack site, a guy on there called Graeme Wood mentioned he had one so I thought what the hell sign up try message him see what happens. A few days later an email comes back with a reply saying he has one and never built it up since he bought it back in 2002, I explained what the bike means to me and how long I have wanted one and bobs your uncle we came to an agreement and here we are a week later "The Build Begins)

A massive thanks to Graeme once again.

klaw71":2b8k6u22 said:

Yeah that guys kidding himself he had it up for 7000us the other day, and its not even original paint or stickers "Shame on him" haha

This one was in craigslist the other day full build 549us dollars, I did inquire but it sold first day.

5Eb5Fc5Je3K13M63Jfc6258f48842bd58122b.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ahh...... another sweet frame to build up. will be watching this one too.
I had a look at sharples bike back in 98. It had boxxer pro's, 1st gen hayes, full xtr, a massive mrp (48 t chainring i think) and it also had a pre black box team only rock shox rear shock with remote reservoir that sat on the lower top tube.
Sharples raced that "swiss cheese" model too, very cool.
Also always liked its evil twin that was Ronning"s gary fisher, bling-in metalic gold and red.

Brilliant. Not a bike I would ever do justice but a build I will love.

What are the build plans then?

main.php

Maybe this could be an idea, Michael Ronning's Gary Fisher aka Trek Pro DH with different stickers

cyfa2809":28xrokta said:
IM not sure whether i like that or not.

Who rode the colours that you have on your frame?

Scott sharples rode the trek, and Michael ronning rode the Gary fisher, both ozzies, the old mud cows VHS featured ronning riding the fisher.

I'll keep mine original that's the whole reason I bought it the bike the rider and it's around the time I got into DH.

There's a few bikes on the wish list and I have 2 the 3rd will be on here in a month or so just need to seal the deal

Back