1998 Answer FS

Billy Got A Username

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone.

My name is Bill, and this is my latest aquisition.

New old stock, uncracked, almost no mileage Last-Gen Answer Manitou FS frame with an immaculate 739 kit. The only thing wrong on it is the fork and crankset. The right shifter is also blown and needs to be replaced.

This unit has less than ten miles on it and was born 24 January 1998

I'll have more pics as soon as i start making it concours-quality and period correct.

Thanks for looking, fellas!

Attachments

• 555679_3521048714024_1388478527_n.jpg
    555679_3521048714024_1388478527_n.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,344
Billy Got A Username":2uux9a83 said:
I'll have more pics as soon as i start making it concours-quality and period correct.

Very nice, although alarm bells are ringing at the 'concours quality' statement, please tell me it will be ridden and not become a garage queen :(

Very nice....does indeed look catalogue fresh. Do you intend to use it much?

I guess it's a little bit catch 22: these are pretty rare these days so you don't want to kill it especially as there were infamous for cracking, but then it seems a shame to leave it in the garage.

Very nice....does indeed look catalogue fresh. Do you intend to use it much?

I guess it's a little bit catch 22: these are pretty rare these days so you don't want to kill it especially as there were infamous for cracking, but then it seems a shame to leave it in the garage.

Very nice. There's a pair of Manitou EFC forks on pinkbike at the moment that would match up with this frame.

Re:

Lovely bike.
These later manitou's used different grade tube and treatment so were a lot stronger than the earlier frames, but reputation preceded unfortunately :-(

I would like to add a second generation FS to my collection some day.

Back