bad karma!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not answering pm's etc then fair enough that's not good.
Old, used shoes that look ok in his photos and could as easily have failed on him the next time he used them except you come along and buy them and it happens to you, well that's different.
How do we know a lot of this old stuff isn't going to fail on it's very next use ?

Hi there,

I sold these shoes to this chap.

I bought them new in 1998, I used them frequently over the next ten years looking after them religiously, as I do with all my kit.

They were in perfect condition, I even went to the extent of changing tjhe buckles for new items. I have bought and sold a fair bit of stuff on here but I had misgivings about this chap at the start. I can and will post the pm's before and after the sale for you to make up youir own mind.

If the shoes failed then I would suggest you were at fault and not the item, whilst these were 2nd hand and sold as seen I wouldn't dream off passing something off as as something they weren't. To besmirch my reputation for £25? No that's not my style.

You contacted me to say you were happy with a 'good deal' then you break them!

How do I get in toch with a mod, I'm not having my reputation sullied with this. This is a falsehood and I am not having it.

adlyhobart":2qy74yoy said:
no i didnt tell the mods. i sold the cleats so £21 out of pocket so not the end of the world. at the very least an apology would have been nice but thats not going to happen. paid by paypal gift so nowt to do but lump it. its a shame as up until now i have had nothing but excellent dealings on this site.

Please refer to the guidelines before starting threads like this:--> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17697

Once again we must point out that paying using 'gift' payments is not recommended as there is no comeback should anything go wrong with a deal.
I'd also like to reassure people that the vast majority of transactions go very smoothly on Retrobike.

I can fully appreciate how frustrating it is when PMs get ignored, but I'm glad to see that the seller has posted up a response.
I suggest that PMs are not posted up for all to see though.

There is however always a risk when buying second hand and used items.
Everything has a finite life and things do sometimes fail unexpectedly at the most inopportune moments.

Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back