Corratec World Cup Super Bow - thoughts???

raidan73

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I bought the Corratec that Matt-b had for sale here as I wanted quite a few of the bits for one of my builds. Matt was completely honest about what his LBS said about a possible crack/paint scratch but I wasn't too concerned as I wasn't buying it for the frame anyway.

My plan is to sell the frame but whether I advertise here or somewhere else I want to be completely honest about the discussions on here regarding the frame. The marks were barely noticeable to be honest but I decided to clean the paint off for a better look. I appreciate that looking at photos doesn't compare to the real thing but was looking for other people's opinions.

I'm no expert but it looks fine to me!

79f251cd.jpg

9442a99c.jpg

3e6251ec.jpg

Not the nicest weld I've ever seen as it seems a bit porous. But apart from that I wouldn't be concerned by it.

looks like a poor weld to me but that is a shoddy frame design :twisted: - welding is to join two components that are in contact, not for bridging gaps between them.

02gf74":2anjc5qo said:
looks like a poor weld to me but that is a shoddy frame design :twisted: - welding is to join two components that are in contact, not for bridging gaps between them.

I wouldn't fancy that kind of design with my bulk on the saddle but they've been making them since the early-mid 90's I believe.

I agree with all the above - it looks like an imperfect weld. I'd have no concerns riding that (but I don't weigh much!) :LOL:

cyfa2809":2ymd59zw said:
Agree here too.

If you are THAT bothered, maybe email corratec?

Nah, not that bothered, will probably go on eBay at the weekend. Just want to give an honest description.

Back