British Steel

Rod_Saetan":sk5cdfg8 said:
Sorry for tut delay.

Plenty of scratches and marks but not beyond saving, although it may get a repaint anyway; Odd 'Overburys' decals (as in it has no apostrophe); no model name decals, or marks/fading to show there were any; fully fillet brazed; no rack/mudguard provision; all 3 cables routed along the top tube; cut-away dropouts (unstamped); rear der cable routed along the bottom of DS seat stay
IMAGE_CA247C26-6675-4FBF-855B-EDF73AAF407F.JPG

Braze-ons for chainsuck plate (sadly missing, a Bontrager one does not fit); no chainstay brace.
IMAGE_C36E32C1-2302-4566-A8CD-149F54BF1C88.JPG

Forward facing seat clamp with neat titanium bolt; slotted canti hanger; seat stay brace
IMAGE_659DC573-9162-48E4-B8DD-6D104690ACD3.JPG

neat S bend stays; plenty of clearance.
IMAGE_C31AA2AF-1374-4B04-8E7A-759C1E8B7D76.JPG

Purple metallic paint that I have seen on two other older Overbury's before, needs a polish!
IMAGE_E247308B-2599-4E93-8A20-BFE201F511E7.JPG

Thoughts?

At first glance it screamed Dave Yates to me to, but then i saw the canti hanger, and this style of loop is something overburys was using, from late 80s.

it is lovely mate, i like the fact it uses fillet around the B/B, and the chain suck plate mounts.

My guess would be a full custom, ordered for someone, mid 90s perhaps, my reasoning for this is the S bend stays, and mid 90s because this is when there was that cross over from cantis and Vs, hence the inclusion of the cable hanger.

Have you any thoughts on building it up mate..? have you weighed it yet..?
do you have any idea of tubing and head angle..?

I like the colour too... :cool:

I think its designed around a sus fork from a brief dry run of sticking a couple of forks in it. I weighed it a while back, its not super light, think it was over 4 and a bit lbs. I have a spare set of decals so I may get it redone, not sure if I like the colour.

Build wise, I dunno, its approximately 10th in the queue, it would help if I could figure out what year it is.

gingernuts/badger":2mg4ibs7 said:
Love that poster in the background.

Me too....!!!

Roly, have you any idea what you would like to build it up with...?

Rod_Saetan":3kp3t7l1 said:
Sorry for tut delay.

Plenty of scratches and marks but not beyond saving, although it may get a repaint anyway; Odd 'Overburys' decals (as in it has no apostrophe); no model name decals, or marks/fading to show there were any; fully fillet brazed; no rack/mudguard provision; all 3 cables routed along the top tube; cut-away dropouts (unstamped); rear der cable routed along the bottom of DS seat stay
IMAGE_CA247C26-6675-4FBF-855B-EDF73AAF407F.JPG

My Overbury's was VERY similar bar rack mounts and no canti hanger. Mine had a 1" head tube too, I assumed a custom order of some type but who knows!

img0021n.jpg

p1010980o.jpg

I miss that bike :(

I don't know if I've posted these photos yet. I don't care anyway, it's so sexy I want to show it off anyway. :-D ;-)

My lovely Dave Lloyd. Nickname is "Dave". :)

c74bfc51.jpg

c7e952cf.jpg

75049ef3.jpg

bea23a37.jpg

55f29c61.jpg

Back