Posting bikes - couriers? - cost ?

Rusty Scrubber

Retro Guru
What couriers are you guys using, and what charges are made for full bikes, frames, wheels etc?

Are the deliveries recorded within the price to prevent theft?

What packaging is required in order to have it collected, particularly on a full bike? Must it be boxed, or is plenty of bubble wrap etc good enough? (common sense regarding protection already considered)

Does the item need to be wrapped at all? This might sound silly, but if you arrange your own courier to collect an item, there are no gaurantees the seller will make much of an effort to wrap.

I use Parcelmonkey, mate. Paid as little as a tenner for a full boxed bike. Measurements of box ultra important for final price...play around with different sizes on the online quote.

Wouldn't send a bike which is not in a full,proper bike box. Rear of Halfords favourite here.

Always been wary of " feel free to arrange your own courier" type deals. Not confident that someone who can't be arsed to offer delivery would make an effort packaging for my courier.

Had a bike delivered once wrapped in a broken down crisp box.

:evil:

A lot of people say how cheap you can do it but if you are using a full sized bike box every quote I got was double what others say. Paisley freight do a set price, reckon I will use them next time.

Back