Rocky Mountain Blizzard 1994 - Update 26.01.13

RockiMtn":s1g8pegk said:
FluffyChicken":s1g8pegk said:
It would be a bit odd having their top of the top tyre using steel bead ;)

'WCS' means the best we do. Our race stuff.

The catalogues are here
http://www.oldmountainbikes.com/catalogs/

so what difference if any with the "K" Megabyte Z-max vs WCS version if both are Kevlar?

I think it was compounds and probably the carcass.
Have a scan through them and correct my assumptions :LOL:

WCS

WCS= World Competition Series, Lower less dense Durometer rubber, i.e lighter less dense and stickier compound for racing on, BUT they last about a quarter as long and soon start to to Crack!

Back on Topic & back to Me!...
Just got a couple of Pics of the frame on its 2nd Coating...

Rewind a page or so & you'll see I had to strip off the Powder Coating as it wasn't prepped well enough. Took it to get dipped & blasted & then onto the Paint Guy I'm using. Paint never settled on the frame due to the chemical they'd used to strip possibly ingraining into the steel. Had it Neutral Bathed & shotblasted again. These are 2x Images taken with Pearl White on after confirmation that the Primer coats had held to the frame...

Decals will be going on tomorrow I'm told with clearcoat over maybe Thursday...The Painter has worked wonders with this & if it comes out half as good as his other paint jobs I'll be a V Happy Bunny after all this time...

P1010985.jpg

P1010989.jpg

RockiMtn":35sqm8xh said:
FINALLY!!! :D Looking good! :cool:

Cheers Frank! It's coming together hey?...Clearcoat tomorrow & should collect early next week, letting the build commence!... :cool:
Just a footnote; A BIG Thanks! to Gil for his patience whilst helping me reproduce the decals. The Painter said they are Very Good Quality! (Which we always knew) :D

Doesn't really capture in the images, but it's not Flat White! Flat white with a Pearlescent overspray...It's not back to it's Catalogue 'Ice Finish' but wanted a finish away from white. Had a Pearlescent road frame back in early 90's & with Black & Silver Kit which this will have, should look nice.

Back