MacRetro National Innerleithen. Chat thread.

Failed miserably due to a few niggles with motor and the crap weather.
Car niggles sorted so will try to get organised again.
Maybe have a go Sunday afternoon provided its not biblical floods again :roll:

velomaniac":m553i83o said:
Failed miserably due to a few niggles with motor and the crap weather.
Car niggles sorted so will try to get organised again.
Maybe have a go Sunday afternoon provided its not biblical floods again :roll:

'V' Im gonna keep a eye on this :shock:

OK according to the BBC the weather at Inners on Sunday looks reasonable so baring in mind I'm out on the toon on Saturday night i'll need some recovery time. Thus 1pm in carpark at Inners mtb trails on Sunday 15th July for a wee reconoiter of some alternative trails (if they can be found) diverging off the XC route. Be there if interested in joining me, we have got to do some recon as our big meet is only a month away :shock:

Nice one V, alas I will not be able to join yuou but I do plan to head down there next week. Hopefully I can add to what you find.

Did you manage out V?

I'll be going down on Tuesday if anyone is interested.

Boxxer, any links to any B+B's?

Reconned Inners XC route alternates. Verdict its no good :(
Spotted numerous trails bisecting the XC route but most were running straight down the hill, basically alternate old school DH runs, some rideable but very quickly losing altitude you'd need to regain and no obvious way of integrating into a loop.
The trail i read about after post 29 is frankly unrideable, I pushed the bike up through mud, rocks, roots and off camber stuff for several hundred metres, never got to ride once, so gave up in disgust and returned to XC trail.
XC trail is not old DH trail least ways not the majority of it, most of the old DH stuff is still there.
XC trail is rideable on a rigid as I discovered but its sore on the hands, arms, shoulders.
Dave DH says there are trails in the hills to the north of Inners around the moor the very old DH course (not to be confused with the stuff to the south of the river) of TK's rememberance with the old water tank at the top. Maybe should recon them :?

Another alternative might be to do an epic ride to Selkirk from Inners via the Southern Upland way or such like, lunch in Selkirk then wind our way back by same route taking in Caddon Bank descent.

Back