Vinegar, Chip Shop vinegar

We occasionally fetch chips down to Chanonry to watch for dolphins. Wet, cold and windy weather makes them taste so good. It doesn't hurt to be drunk either, though I will eat anything including kebabs when drunk. Veggie when sober, but is there any real meat in doner kebab?

God knows what they cook chips in, it is different everywhere. The vinegar varies too.

Never do them at home. We have not had a deep fat fryer since getting married, it was the first present to get recycled.

The nearest we get to chips at home are potato wedges.

I like vinegar on cheap pizzas for some reason.

Seagulls, have tried feeding them bread parcels with bicarbonate of soda inside ? Just make sure you and your cars in nowhere near where they fly is all I saw, it is that bad.

silverclaws":1bhrzhi9 said:
Seagulls, have tried feeding them bread parcels with bicarbonate of soda inside ? Just make sure you and your cars in nowhere near where they fly is all I saw, it is that bad.

No and i dont think its a good idea either,so lets not suggest such things ;)

However
We used to do a fair bit of sailing and its a bit of a sneaky thing to do but you place a loafs worth of bread all over someone elses boat[during the night].they awake to the sound of shrieking seagulls and find their deck all covered with droppings :LOL: and i mean covered as i think seagulls poop out to make room for more food.
Works if you put the bread on someones car too :twisted:

My partners mother has had a chip shop for 25 years...their vinegar tastes like other chip shops, there are no tricks, just comes out of a 5L branded container. Think in essence its just weak as piss and so you don't get that whole chip-soaked-in-vinegar taste :(

I think there a few factors to the overall taste, they are properly soaked in water for a good while, they (are usually) part cooked already when you see them go in the fryer and the oil/fat.

I've had her old girl make chips at home in a wok of all things and they look/taste just like the shop, so it is do-able! :)

Back