Mid 90's Reworked Cinder Cone. Finished pics page 4

Knew I'd seen those colours somewhere before!!
1e822a9a.jpg

Bad unhealthy bike!!! ;)

I'm not feeling these bars and stem the more I look at them? Im thinking carbon flats, What do you guys think?
30410f4e.jpg

bren":2hh690in said:
Oh I will look after it! Its still in bubblewrap :LOL:
Great to have your input! :D
I'll be picking your brains if I may over the next few months, I have a few ideas for it that I'm really not sure if they are great or foolish ;) would really appreciate some pics of how it was in your possession, particularly the green bits if possible?
Did you sell it as a complete bike then? :shock:
I bought it as a bare frame with a seat collar and few green ano bolts dotted around. I believe it changed hands a few times after you sold it but wasnt ever built back up. looking at the telltales (threads, seat tube etc) backs this up, it still looks like it was painted last week! The forks that I believe were fitted by you were sold before i could gettum :cry: No biggie, just means I have to cut down my own F100RL's steerer.
funny you mention green, I seem to have caught the bug, never really been one for ano before but it seems to suit this colour, I had my eye earlier today on a green USE seatpost but a few too many bills have come in and put paid to that :roll:
I think this build is going to be a LOT slower than I'd like...........

Was a complete build, with Hope Hoops, Hope minis, all top end parts, I discounted it, so wondering if it was stripped for parts then sold on? The Green Air Alloy bars were NOS from Canada and would fetch £100 plus now alone.

It's a real shame it was split for sure. Fortuitous for me however as there's no way I could ever buy a bike like that outright. I'd have to sell a car (or the mrs!)

PMed you re bars :)

I hate having to go back on a decision.
From day one I planned hope brakes and my trusty m732 thumbshifters and hence a 7 speed cassette(yet to be bought)
f8bc3d58.jpg

Now due to a 'fleet' rearrangement and a load of parts swaps to boot, my commuter bike needs a pair of 3x7 shifters and it makes sense to use my XT thumbs.
So now what do I put on this cindercone?
As its a retromod I'm wondering if 3x9 might be more sensible? And with the amount of carbon that's building up in the parts box I'm wondering about SRAM x0 carbons?
Never used them though, anyone care to voice an opinion?
An alternative may be xtr m970 shifters, they look ok (I hate the plasticky feel of the m750 shifters or else I would use those as I'm running 750 mechs.)
I hate decision making!

I need a bigger pay cheque!
Or fewer bills.
All I've done in the last few days is take arty-farty shots. Not exactly productive is it?! :?

a4fa4a83.jpg

4cf025ea.jpg

I have to admit I ran xt thumbies over those hope reservoirs. Found the angles a tad extreme due to the thumbies bolt rubbing on the reservoir. Worked fine just meant the thumbies where angled back for my preferred brake lever angle.

Back