Holdsworth model?

gylo

Retro Newbie
Hi all, I've just got this off a guy I work with. Doe's anyone have any idea what model/year it is? It has reynolds 531 frame and forks plus shimano 105 gears, chainset, hubs, pedals and brakes. Any clues would be great.
Thanks

Attachments

• holdsworth.JPG
    holdsworth.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,168
I'm sure this is either a Marlboro or Falcon cycles Holdsworth (more likely Falcon era)...sorry but not a proper Holdsworth - date circa mid-80s on.

I think the Holdsworth name had disappeared completely by the mid-90s.

Not saying it's a bad bike.

Guess 531 maintubes only? Looks like it might have some reasonable components.

Rk.

P.S more images would help though.

Thats a Shimano 105 midnight blue groupset which ages it late 80's think the group was out in '89.

IIRC when I lusted after a all black Holdsworth with a 105 groupset it was called the Professional and had 531c tubing.

Lovely looking bikes imo just simple style. It is from the Falcon generation but if it has Holdsworth written down the side then it a Holdsworth.

Very nice bike, looks to be completely original.

Thanks, I'm a bit dissapointed it's not a proper holdsworth but I only gave £25 for it so I was maybe being a bit optimistic. When I get around to giving it a good clean I'll post some better pics as now it's covered in spiders webs and dust. On the plus side everything seems to work ok.

Tel":3mkddyif said:
It is from the Falcon generation but if it has Holdsworth written down the side then it a Holdsworth.

If it was not made in London it is not a Holdsworth.

Rk.

hehe - I knew you'd say that ;)

OP £25 is nothing for such a fine ride. I'll give you £50 for it!

Tel":1fc5c5m4 said:
IIRC when I lusted after a all black Holdsworth with a 105 groupset it was called the Professional and had 531c tubing.

Lovely looking bikes imo just simple style. It is from the Falcon generation but if it has Holdsworth written down the side then it a Holdsworth.

Very nice bike, looks to be completely original.

I remember the Professional from the catalogues! I had the much cheaper Corsair - also with glossy black paint job - from a similar era as a 17th birthday present; Shimano 300EX bits and 531 main tubes only. No mudguard clearance/eyes though so it had pretentions of being a "proper" race bike.

David

Back