Spesh FSR Elite £45 bin

well done mate! i gots me this very frame (albeit with a different rear triangle and less stickers) but bloody nice frame it is :)

you building it up?

Yeah, will check the condition of the paint/decals first, if its a bit ropey i will strip it back and repaint.

Will be selling my 98 GC frame in due course as i will be taking most of the parts from it, might also strip my Boardman HT down and use the best parts from that.

Been waiting for a large elite frame to turn up ever since i started building the GC.

well hopefully its in decent nick (mine was near mint - but i did pay a bit more than you) - still makes yours a bargain though :)

the paint job on my elite has some kind of rough finish to it - almost feels like bare metal with a sand blasted finish (there is a name for it) - not sure how that would be for a strip down and repaint, but your's could be different. i think there were some subtle variations of this frame, although i'm not too clear, so i could be wrong and mine may have been upgraded in its previous life.

keep me/us updated with your build if it starts, would love to see what you do/what problems you come up against - if you could let me know how your 'main pivot bearing' is assembled i'd appreciate it, i'm looking to replace the washers used as the ones i have don't match and would like to know what was used originally.....:)

I believe the elite models are/were anodised rather than painted/powder coated.

Should be a lot more durable, maybe why the Elite models never look shabby? do they suffer from cable rub?

Looking at the photo in the auction, it looks like the rear seat stay is not original, the elite photos i have looked at so far all show a silver rear seat stay.

Not that i am overly fussed though, the black looks fine.

Will check it over once it arrives, hopefully by the weekend :)

cracking stuff, hope it gets to you in time for some weekend indulgence!
the finish on my frame has yet to reveal any cable rub. it really is in amazing condition for its age (a regular comment from pretty much everyone who comes across it)
i'm really chuffed with it, looking to increase the travel up front in my Marz marathons (loveliest forks i've ever had) and looking to get some thing a bit longer out back as i have an up rated BETD linkage.
see my build thread in my sig for some pics and hopefully some inspiration :p (not sure if you've seen it) :)

Looks like you may have one of the rarer Max Backbone or DH versions with the extra reinforcement to the Head Tube. Nice one.

Bullpup":1dly8nwt said:
Looks like you may have one of the rarer Max Backbone or DH versions with the extra reinforcement to the Head Tube. Nice one.

Just saw this, yes mate it has Max Backbone on the decals!! :D

Back