Help Identifying this Diamondback?

Dungeonstone

Retro Newbie
Hello,

I rescued this dusty old bike from a local pawn shop for just a few dollars but I am at a loss as to exactly which year/model Diamondback it is.

My best guess is it's an old Topanga or Sorrento.

Any Ideas?

1.jpg

2.jpg

lrh":1elqbexo said:
Dungeonstone":1elqbexo said:
It is an Altus component group but it has the Altus A20 Crankset, Rear Derailleur and Shifters not the C20 series that is listed for that Sorrento.
So it's a 93 Topanga: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...993&Brand=Diamondback&Model=Topanga&Type=bike

Thank you.

That does seem to match up with the equipment on the bike.

Matter of fact, if I take a close look at where the "name" sticker used to be on the frame of the bike, the faint outline in the paint looks to match up to the old Topanga sticker outline as well.

Mystery solved.

widowmaker":1gd5jyua said:
For a few dollars that was a good deal :cool:

Yes indeed. Both tires are flat and the shifter cable is frozen but the frame is in good shape with no rust and just some paint chipping and sticker loss.

Seems to have most of the original equipment except for the seat and handlebars. With a little TLC it should be back to almost factory spec condition.

Now does anyone know where I can get a replacement set of stickers/labels for it? ;)

1999 diamond back topanga se large size

Just purchased this bike my brother picked it up for under $100
Looking forward to refurbishing and tuning it up!
42f34394.jpg

Re: 1999 diamond back topanga se large size

apollo95":1myy55v3 said:
42f34394.jpg
Looking at the decals and the Vs I'd suggest that's later in the 90s at least 97, maybe 98 / 99?

Re: 1999 diamond back topanga se large size

Neil":u5pvqlmq said:
apollo95":u5pvqlmq said:
42f34394.jpg
Looking at the decals and the Vs I'd suggest that's later in the 90s at least 97, maybe 98 / 99?

I'd guess a '96. That was one of the years the Topanga came in that color.

Back