cost of frame restoration

531 pro

rBotM Winner
I'm looking to get my Peugeot Perthus frame fully restored - re-chroming of the stays and forks, new graphite paint and new/reproduced transfers. If you don't mind me asking, those of you who have had this sort of thing carried out, roughly how much was it? Do you have any recomendations? Many thanks!

You should check out some of the frame builders in the uk and there are places & people like Argos, and Mario Vaz that do paint and resto work on frames... turn around time varies between painters, as does price.

I haven't had any work done but I've looked into it, chroming is quite expensive- just for the heads up!

Have a search on here- will probably pull up similar queries to yours and info on chroming.

there used to be quite a detailed price list on the bob jackson website, I imagine it's still there. chroming is expensive, and re-chroming might be even more if they have to remove the old chrome first. It might be easier and a lot cheaper to restore the existing chrome.

531 pro":1szqz7a9 said:
I'm looking to get my Peugeot Perthus frame fully restored - re-chroming of the stays and forks, new graphite paint and new/reproduced transfers. If you don't mind me asking, those of you who have had this sort of thing carried out, roughly how much was it? Do you have any recomendations? Many thanks!

Brian Rourke cycles around £380 with full chrome forks and rear triangle.

Top job though :)

http://www.brianrourke.co.uk/renovation ... -a-10.html

C&G in Liverpool are another one.

You need to phone them, but were very helpful when I enquired. And I seem to remember a little cheaper. Not sure they do chrome or not. The biggest bonus was that they quoted a 2 week turnaround which seemed better than most. I still haven't had the frame painted though! Anyone ever use them?

Curious about Vernon Baker after seeing that little workshop on the website? Anyone experience of resprays from there? Is the work carried out in house?

Back